Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prayer....

Today I made the boys lunch gave it to them and then left the room for a second. When I came back Adam had not touched his food. When I asked him why he hadn't ate yet he said I Pray? He did not want to eat until we said the prayer. I could not believe he had waiting on me! :) This is something we have been working on with him and every night before dinner we say our dinner prayer. He always tries to do the sign of the cross and has came close! He bows his head and folds his hands and when we are done he says Amen! Mason is just now getting to where he bows his head. But today him doing this really made me a proud momma and brought tears to my eyes. It is moments like this that make you understand what being a Mom is all about and what a blessing it is to be able to have someone that calls you mom. But most importantly it makes you feel accomplished to know that you, that little boys mom, taught him how to pray. Prayer is such an importantly part of life, it is how you get through the day and it is how you have your one on one time with God. I have had my days where I have had doubt that God was there or even was listening to me. Those days are the hardest because all you want is for someone to listen to you. But God is always listening he just doesn't always say Yes to everything. God has other plans for you and what you want isn't what he had planned for you. But whenever I feel like God isn't listening or there, I just look at my boys and remember HE is the one who gave me the greatest Blessing of all....two little boys who call me Mom. I am a Mom, I am their Mom, no one else can Ever take my place and that is such an awesome feeling!!! I am not a perfect Mom but I DO try my best to make sure Adam and Mason are happy, healthy, clothed, and are learning new things everyday. I have been given the opportunity to be a Mom, something I have wanted to be every since I can remember, and I will wear that name Proudly and do the BEST that I can. God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with my two boys! Never underestimate the power of prayer.

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up, Good job Momma, that must have felt great! I hope I can teach Bllay to say his prayers soon!

    ReplyDelete